American University in Dubai Jobs 2022 – Apply For Academic Advisor Vacancy : American University in Dubai has given an employment notification for the recruitment of Academic Advisor position. Those Candidates who are interested in the vacancy should check all details regarding this American University in Dubai hiring, if they find themselves eligible then they may apply online for Academic Advisor job in American University in Dubai.
American University in Dubai Careers 2022 Hiring For Academic Advisor Jobs:
Persons who want to be an employee at American University in Dubai , should check all details like qualification they need for American University in Dubai jobs, required age for American University in Dubai vacancy, what is selection procedure in American University in Dubai , how to apply for American University in Dubai vacancy etc, etc…. after reading carefully American University in Dubai official job notification, they may apply for their deserving vacancy in American University in Dubai .
American University in Dubai Careers 2022 : Academic Advisor Vacancies Brief Details:
|Recruitment Organization||American University in Dubai|
|Vacancy Name for which American University in Dubai Hiring||Academic Advisor|
|Job Location||Dubai - United Arab Emirates|
Job Description For Academic Advisor Vacancies In American University in Dubai 2022:
About the job
The American University in Dubai invites qualified applicants to apply for the position of Academic Advisor.
The fundamental responsibility of this position is to provide academic advising to undergraduate students.
- Attend to students’ advising needs through each academic semester or term, both on a walk-in basis during normal working hours and by appointment
- Work with the other Academic Advisors as a team to ensure the efficient and effective implementation of the advising process to all undergraduate students
- Provide academic advising to undergraduate students before and during registration, and assist them in selecting their courses consistently with the completion requirements, course sequencing, prerequisite requirements, and other relevant academic policies
- Approve students’ courses for registration and assist them in completing the registration process Approve students’ drop/add requests during the drop/add period
- Assist students in charting a study path that can facilitate successful and timely completion of their program
- Assist undecided students and students who are considering a program or concentration change in selecting a program or concentration that is compatible with their academic strengths, personal and professional interests, and career objectives
- Provide guidance and advice to students, especially those who are facing academic difficulties, on course loads, withdrawal from courses, balanced course selections (e.g., quantitative vs. qualitative, theoretical vs. practical) and other academic issues that affect student success
- Approve students’ course withdrawal forms
- Inform the Office of the Provost and school Dean of all matters related to the Registrar’s Office and the Admissions Office and /or under these two offices’ purview that impact the academic advising and registration process and that require clarification or special attention
- Inform the Office of the Provost and relevant school Dean of all matters related to any curriculum issue, course sequencing or course scheduling matters or problems that impact the academic advising and registration process and that require special attention
- Refer to the Provost and school Dean all matters of policy that require his/her intervention or approval to facilitate the academic advising process
- Develop, maintain and update academic advising records on student advisees to ensure advising continuity and consistency, and for purposes of outcomes assessment for the whole office.
- Assist the Dean in completing all assessment reports related to the operation of the Advising unit and that will feed into the overall assessment of the Office.
- Complete other reports as requested
- Teach one course (up to 4 credits) in each of the Fall and Spring semesters, and one course (up to 4 credits) in one Summer term
Competencies and Skills Used:
- An excellent understanding of the structure of programs and curricula in the discipline(s) in which he/she
will be appointed as Academic Advisor
- Previous training in academic advising plus significant advising experience in a Western higher education
system is a plus.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Dedication to student success and an ability to understand students’ needs
- An ability to interact positively and effectively with a culturally diverse student body (evidence of
international/multicultural experience will be a major plus)
- An ability to work collegially within a team of academic advisors and with administrators, faculty and staff
- A Master’s degree (doctoral degrees will be considered) from a recognized, accredited university
- Previous teaching experience with high ratings of teaching effectiveness
Applications will be accepted and evaluated until this position is filled.
This position is suitable for those candidates already resident and under sponsorship in Dubai.
Interested applicants must submit the following requirements via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Please state the title of the position as the subject of the email)
Contact information of three (3) academic/professional references
Alternatively, applicants can submit their application materials to the following postal address:
Angele El Khoury
Director of Human Resources
The American University in Dubai
P. O. Box 28282, Dubai, U.A.E.
No telephone calls please.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those under consideration will be contacted for a follow-up interview.
Online Applying Procedure For American University in Dubai Vacancies 2022:
Click on Apply Button given on Right upper side and follow the steps.